In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T/C Omega vs Encore for blackpowder hunting

danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at either the Omega or Encore which I will only be using for Muzzleloading, so the different calibers for the Encore does not come into play. I have heard good things about both, but cant seem to make up my mind. Any opinions on these two guns?

Comments

• hunter223hunter223 Member Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not shot either but from what i hear the Omega is the way to go. Im sure you would be happy with either one.
  • rinkydinkrinkydink Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own an Encore 209 x 50 and it shoots as good as the person holding it. I just purchased an Omega simply because now I don't have to give up using my encore frame for my handgun practice.

An encore will cost much more than an Omega, if that is important.

The encore, however, is extremely versatile with several barrels available for it.

I really love the trigger on the Omega, it is much better than the one on my encore.

YOu can't go wrong with either.
  • rinkydinkrinkydink Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple of more points.

The encore has an extractor that lifts the spent primer out of the breech plug slightly so it is easy to remove. The Omega does not have this feature.

The Omega's breech plug can be removed without complete disassembling the firearm. YOu have to take the primer extractor out of the encore to remove the breech plug.

I am confident you will be happy with either one.

Good luck and straight shooting.
  • buckdeerbuckdeer Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rinkydink if you do not like the trigger on your encore contact mike bellm and order on of his trigger springs i did and got my trigger down to less then a pound
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Your basic blued Omega goes for around $300 the Encore starts at over $500 , the Encore you have to do the paper work ie yellow sheet , back ground check , what ever your state requires for long gun purchase , where the Omega is a NOn Gun , no paper work can be shipped right to your home unless you live in one of the very Bad states [:(!]
    the Omega is also lighter and I believe just a little shorter overall but has a longer barrel than the Encore , both are great guns but if I where only looking for a muzzle loader and nothing more, then it would be the Omega
  • bem243bem243 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used an Omega during an early muzleloader hunt last year and was very impressed with the gun and how it shot. The Omega was still in the box when I picked it up and it was very easy to sight in and capable of outstanding accuracy considering my 56 year old eyes. The Omega and and Encore both use the same fine fiber optic sights. I didn't get a shot during the hunt but my hunting partner took a fine 11 point buck at 136 yards (laser range finder) that dropped like he was struck by lightning. I have since bought an Encore 209 x 50 simply because I wanted the switch barrel capability. If you want a muzzleloader the Omega is what you are looking for.

In our schools, if we train the mind and not morals we will unleash criminals on society...Dr. Benjamin Rush
  • danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like the Omega is the way to go. Thanks for the input!!!