In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 70 Advice Needed

deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
I am the owner of a Nice post-64 Model 70 3006 cal rifle,It was made in the Late 70's.My Question is I would like to Buy a Scope for it
For Deer Hunting in Brush to a max of 200 yards,I would like to get a scope of the same late 70's Era of the rifle .What was common
on these Deer rifles Back then? What Models and types should i look for to keep it original for the Late 70's era? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    buckdeerbuckdeer Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    straight 4x or 6x weavers would have been quite popular then
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Variable powered scopes had become very popular by the late 1970's. Here are some that were shown in the 1978 Gun Digest. I will not list all, just the ones I consider best from my experience in hunting at similar ranges to what you mentioned. Burris Fullfield 2X-7X and 3X-9X, Leupold Vari-X II 3X-9X and 2X-7X, Redfield Widefield LP 2X-7X and 3X-9X, Weaver V7 2 1/2X-7X and V9 3X-9X, Several models of the Lyman All American series in fixed powers.