In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sig sauer p230 9mm value ?

hardley davidsonhardley davidson Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a sig sauer P230 in 9mm...its blue and its about 95 %...I've been told that 9mm is rare in this model.Does anyone know what the value might be. i have original box. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    My Database says $400.00 in the condition discribed....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your pistol is chambered for the 9mm Ultra cartridge rather then then 9mm kurtz (.380), it would be. The Ultra dates from the early to mid 70's, when the West German police were looking for a more powerful sidearm to arm their officers. (They of course went with 9mm P).
    The Walther and Sig-Sauer pistols chambered for the Ultra were made in relatively small numbers and would be quite collectable now.
    My WAG is your pistol would be worth at least $500 if you have the original box, paperwork etc.
  • Options
    hardley davidsonhardley davidson Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Box says its a P230 9MM short...is that the ultra ?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, that's the common .380, AKA 9 x 17mm. The Ultra is 9 x 18mm.
    Sorry you didn't get the brass ring this time, you got the common Sig P230. High quality .380 pistol, not worth $500 though.