In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mould Handle Question????

NailmanNailman Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
Will a Lyman set of Handles fit a Single cavity Saeco mould? THANKS....

Nailman

Comments

• Options
    hunter223hunter223 Member Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not real sure but i had a pair of Lyman handles that i modified to fit the rcbs mold. Im sure you could do the same if it dont fit.
  • Options
    James LyleJames Lyle Member Posts: 57
    edited November -1
    Making a set of handles is pretty simple, if a bit time consuming, with basic tools. A bench grinder is a big help, in getting the metal ends to fit the slots in the blocks.
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi buddy! Nope, at least not the moulds I have; the Saeco is a longer mould block and the holes don't line up on the Lyman handles. You could use the mould block as a guide and using a drill press, drill 2 new holes in the handle about 1/8" to 3/16" forward of the original holes. Should work then. Or, grind a bit of a slot in the rear of the mould block at the handle location to let the blocks set back a bit. You don't need much! I have adapted handles to fit odd moulds by redrilling the holes or a bit of judicious file work. Emery

"Well done is better than well said"
    Ben Franklin
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by James Lyle
    Why would I be, punk? I just happen to have a very wide level of interest and expertise, that's all. keep watching. I've posted more gun topics today than everyone else combined. The reason that they dont is that they dont KNOW enough.

22925whocarespg.JPG

You are posting crap!

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your post. I see how much you know. ZERO, You need to get a REAL LIFE. Thanks for nothing.
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drobs, from the number of posts accredited to you, you are are (or should be) a person who is in the position of helping a relative newcomer out. I find your response distasteful, inaproppriate, and offensive. Lighten up!!

"Well done is better than well said"
    Ben Franklin
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Drobs is referenceing James Lyle in his post. He is not trying to be inflammatory towards the new person. Just trying to make the new person aware of the fact that James Lyle does not know what he is speaking about. Drobs really is a much better person then his post might reflect.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

Buy firearms on the installment plan and Play while you Pay.

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    TaiChiTaiChi Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This guy has universal mold handles on the other auction site AA. They sell for $9 a set plus shipping.

For more pictures and information copy and paste the following address to your address bar on your browser then select to enter as a "Guest" in the options under the login: http://bluegrouseblackpowder.intranets.com/login.asp?link= Of all the mold handles I've used I like these best..

Steve
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My appologies to the author and contributers of this thread.

Thanks Allen!

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My appologies to the author and contributers of this thread.

Thanks Allen!

Accepted. So what would you do for mould handles if it was you Allen. I have used Lyman and Ideal moulds and custom moulds for over 30 years. Got lots of them. Thinking of getting a Saeco Mould. Would you modify a set of Lyman or go a set that was posted that goes for around $9.00?? How about sharing some of the knowledge that you have! God Bless and hope to hear from you.

Nailman