In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Premier Single Shot

gourtygourty Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
I own a .22 rifle that is in rough shape. It's only identification is the name "Premier" and "single shot". Can anyone tell me who made this and when? It would be a nice youth gun if I can find parts for it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the information you gave it was probably a dept.store brand made by Cresent Firearms.I cant be sure as I dont have the serial no. They made guns from 1898-1920s.As I said I cant be sure but I am basing my assessment by one I have by Cresent arms marked Premier.Their are little collector interest but make good shooters.

Best of Luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rugster,
    Thanks for the response. I see no other markings on this rifle anywhere. I will pursue the Cresent Firearms angle. I've seen these in estate auctions once in a while on the web but nowhere else. By the looks (which I know can be deceiving) of it I would say the years range you mention sounds right. Thanks again.

Gourty
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Went though my database and find that there were 5 makers using the name of PREMIER...
    1. PREMIER, Tomas de Urizar y Cia., Eibar Spain..Hand Gun, .25 Auto..
    2. PREMIER, Brooklyn, N.Y....Double Barrel Shotguns...
    3. PREMIER, Made by Stevens Arms, Bolt Action Rifles, Model 52 Single Shot Takedown.. Model 53 Single Shot, takedown and the Model 66 BUCKHORN Tube Fed Bolt Action Rifle...and the Model 75 Tube Fed Hammerless
    4. PREMIER made by Thomas E. Ryan, Norwich, Conn,,circe 1870's...Made .22 Revolvers....
    5. PREMIER Trail Blazer Made by Stevens Arms, Slide Action, Tube Fed, Hammerless..
    Willing to bet You have a Model 52 0r 53 by Stevens....Best....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Captain Kirk,
    I didn't look too far into the Cresent Firearms possibility yet per rugster but your leads seem very promising. I'll bet you're right about the 52 or 53 although I don't know what the difference between them would be (i.e. Model 52 Single Shot "Takedown"). Thanks for your time and help on this.

gourty

... we don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    The differance is the the Stock and Sights.. One with Grooved Forearm and Shorter Stock and a Gold Bead Front Sight...The Other with Long Forearm and Plain Bead Front Sight...Best...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This might seem like a long shot but my sisters husband bought a single shot .32-20 that had no markings on it for 20.00 at a garage sale.He got it home took off the stock and on the end of the receiver where the stock attached was a serial number and "BY Savage Arms for Sears Roebuck & Co."So maybe check there.But like I said a long shot but could be your answer.

Eric S. Williams
  • Options
    E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to say yours is for sears or fro savage just that the info your looking for might be there.

Eric S. Williams
  • Options
    andyd7388andyd7388 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also bought a rifle with PREMIER single shot stamped on the barrel,but I to am unable to find out anything on it. I will try to look into the replies you have gotten and will get back to you if I find anything.