In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus 1911

torizustorizus Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
hoping to get some insite on these, reliabilty, quality, accracy. Basicly are they a good gun for the money or should a guy throw some more $ in and go for a smith or somthing. I'm looking for a good 1911 to throw rounds down range and enjoy. there are so many out there now that any info would be appriciated. thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Are parts such as barrels interchangable with colt parts?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good morning and Happy Veterans Day to all veterans out there. I have the oppertunity to buy a new in the box Taurus 1911 for $529.00. Is this a good price, is this a good gun for the money? Thanks for all of your input
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FYI

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't Taurus make the 1911 (PT1911)in 38 Super?
    I called Taurus Friday and was told the 1911 was NEVER made in 38 super and they had plans to discontinue the 38 super (PT38)altogether.
    I would think collectors would want to know if true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has any one tried out the new Taurus 1911? It sounds like a lot of pistol with all the mods and at a fair price new.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are no Taurus collectors.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    While the 38 super is a very good cartridge it has NEVER been popular thus ammo prices are $$$ the only people I know are the race gun shooters that like them but even then they load the 38super-comp. I agree Taurus does not have many collectors. IMHO buy a COLT it will go up in value all 1911 CLONES will most likely loose value.