In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mec gar 10mm mags

chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have snapped up all the ss colt 10mm mags I could find, and would like to add a few more to the stable. I can find the mec gar mags easily. How is the reliability with these. I don't know a lot about aftermarket mags as I tend to purchase oem mags for my firearms. TIA

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know but also look for chip mccormik 10mm mags, they used to be pretty fair priced and excellent quality. I couldn't afford colt mags but the CM's work flawless in my IAI javilena 10mm.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    do the kimber and dan wesson mags work in the colt delta gold cups as well? Thanks for the input so far
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    quote:Originally posted by chaosrob
    do the kimber and dan wesson mags work in the colt delta gold cups as well? Thanks for the input so far

I don't know if they will or not. I was only replying in regards to the Mec-Gars. If you do buy some M-G's, you will be happy with them.
    thank you sir
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my experience with the various gun makers mags, the Dan Wesson mags are great, the relatively inexpensive and seemingly plentiful Springfield Armory mags are quite good, but the Kimber mags can be hit or miss. Colt mags are very good too but can be very pricy.

If there are any left, Dan Wesson was having a mislabel and blemish mag sale. These are a very good deal: https://shop.cz-usa.com/SearchByCategory.aspx?CategoryCode=57
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used the Mec-Gar 45acp mags for 15 yrs never had a bad one.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Which Colt 10mm the mags for??

...Ditto on Mec-Gar, good mags. C. McCormick are good mags also.
    OLDER Colt mags are good, the ones they have made the last several years pretty much stink.

Kimber mags bite too.

...D.Wesson was sold/bought by CZ America a few years back, don't know if the mags changed in quality too...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    ...Which Colt 10mm the mags for??

Delta Gold Cup. Thanks for all the info folks [:D]
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have found that Wilson 45 acp mags work fine in my 10mm Colt. Try it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambihunter
    In my experience with the various gun makers mags, the Dan Wesson mags are great, the relatively inexpensive and seemingly plentiful Springfield Armory mags are quite good, but the Kimber mags can be hit or miss. Colt mags are very good too but can be very pricy.

If there are any left, Dan Wesson was having a mislabel and blemish mag sale. These are a very good deal: https://shop.cz-usa.com/SearchByCategory.aspx?CategoryCode=57
    I ordered 5 of these thank you for the info