In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

canned heat 10mm

chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Anyone used this brand, if so what are your thoughts on quality?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    canned heat by Georgia Arms? In the 90's I used a good bit of their rifle ammo loaded with Nosler ballistic tips, it was great deer hunting ammo, several of us bought a 500 round Army ammo can of the 9mm and it was good. Ga arms used to work the gun show circuit and had great prices, Ive got to try their .308,30-06 and .223 match ammo as these new prices have me shooting my mod 52C @ wanting to reload after 30 years![:)]
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Don't have a 10mm, but the 45 stuff is good, as is the 308.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great, thanks for the input.
  • Options
    vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    google "Georgia Arms Kaboom"
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best ammo out there for the already powerful 10mm auto is from a company called "Double Tap". Check out the specs: http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25. It is at or above the original Norma loads for the 10mm and it stays well within all the posted pressure and other limits. A buddy of mine has been trying to get his handloaded 10mm auto ammo as powerful as the DoubleTap but always runs into pressure problems before getting there. I don't know how they make it so powerful but it is second to none...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I have a number of boxes of original NORMA 10MM ammo that is loaded to the first "HIGHER" spec's then the current U.S. ammo companies . go to my profile and ask and I will put them up for auction here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello I have a number of boxes of original NORMA 10MM ammo that is loaded to the first "HIGHER" spec's then the current U.S. ammo companies . go to my profile and ask and I will put them up for auction here.
    done. Thank you
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    hello Chaosrob I did not get an email I will put one box on auction and give you a heads up on item number

EDIT EDIT Hello I have one box of ammo listed ITEM #117400020 This is factory loaded with the NP stamp on the primer.I do not use the relist option because I hate this option. I think it just over-loads the GUNBROKER site with overpriced items that have no chance on selling.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Canned Heat" simply means it comes in an ammo can.
    It is not a specific type or velocity of ammo.
    That is the 45 ACP and 9mm SubSonic ammo I use for my suppressed MGs.
    I have fired 10,000s of them and then reloaded the brass.
    It is very good isht.
    I will continue buying.

CP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    hello Chaosrob I did not get an email I will put one box on auction and give you a heads up on item number

EDIT EDIT Hello I have one box of ammo listed ITEM #117400020 This is factory loaded with the NP stamp on the primer.I do not use the relist option because I hate this option. I think it just over-loads the GUNBROKER site with overpriced items that have no chance on selling.
    do you have a buy it now price you can place on it so perhaps we can just get it done quickly?
    supraparts1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd
    "Canned Heat" simply means it comes in an ammo can.
    It is not a specific type or velocity of ammo.
    That is the 45 ACP and 9mm SubSonic ammo I use for my suppressed MGs.
    I have fired 10,000s of them and then reloaded the brass.
    It is very good isht.
    I will continue buying.

CP
    thank you