In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Parker Hale Information

ray22ray22 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyone, I am new here on the forum and after ten years of primarily handguns, my interest is drawing back to long guns and I have a couple Parker Hale's that I inherited from my father. One is a .30-06 and the other is in .264 Win. Mag. I am looking to learn as much as I can about the company, it's history, models and grades of firearms. If anyone can steer me in the right direction as to where I might find some research material or documentation, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Evening Brother: My suggestion to You is to GOOGLE SEARCH Parker-Hale..You'll get a bunch of opportunity to contact them in person..The only info I have on Parker-Hale is that they are located in London...
    Have You been to the East?....Best...Captain Kirk Past Master Verde 14,now merged and now known as Central Arizona 14, Sedona, Arizona Affiliated with Los Angeles Harbor lodge 332 and a member of Alpha Star 171 Order of Eastern Star. Also 32'nd Degree Scottish Rite, Valley of Phoenix..
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would definitely keep them. Parker Hale has been out of business for awhile now. They were, and still are, a good buy for the money.
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't the fine BSA rifles use Parker Hale actions?????
  • Options
    ray22ray22 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies, Captkirk3 I am traveling there now. I am SD at Jewett #427 here in Texas and will be JW next year. Good to see other travelers here.

Ray
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Always a pleasure Brother...
  • Options
    MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your Parker Hale's are 80's vintage...they are probably Santa Barbara Mauser actions made in Spain. They were imported by different companies. These are very well made guns...the action itself is of Mauser 98 design. Santa Barbara's used a very heavy spring in the bolt...thus they tend to open a little bit harder than most other 98 Mausers.