In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

32 Largo

lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Is there a source for 32 largo ammunition, brass, dies, etc.?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be best if you can further identify, the cartridge your inquiring about. It's not all together clear which one your referring to?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The top of the revolver is stamped S.A.C. Alfa Eiber.
    The side of the barrel is stamped cal 32 Largo. It resembles a J-frame Smith&Wesson. The cylinder is chambered for 6 shells.
    This revolver was donated to our local Izzak Walton chapter. As we have no use for this our chapter intends to sell it. One member says it should be worth about $800.00! I however can't seem to find much info on this gun, but I really think $800.00 is a pipe dream. I would guess it's value to be in the $30.00 to $40.00 range. As for my inquiry about ammo, I guess I am simply curious if this ammo is available. I don't ever recall hearing of 32 Largo, 9mm Largo of course, but never 32.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Might be 32 Smith and Wesson Long. Largo means long, and since there is a 32 S&W and a 32 S&W long, that would be a possibility.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I think what you have is a cheap Spanish copy of a S&W. The 32 Largo is Spanish for long, so I bet the cartridge is the 32 S&W Long. If I am right, I can just about guarantee you it isn't worth $800.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a 32 S&W Long caliber Spanish copy of an S&W Hand Ejector model.
    In perfect shape it may be worth $50.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, guys. I am sure you're right about the value, but it's far from perfect. the nickle? plating is flaking off in places, I have to finish rotating the cyl by hand to get it locked. It's pretty much a piece of junk and I'm sure your right about the Smith copy. You did answer my question as to the caliber though.
    Once again Thanks.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    it could also be chambered for .32 colt long (not the same as s&w), I agree with your valuation
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Mike has a good point the S&W case will not chamber if the pistol is made for the COLT cartridge. Most of these Spanish knock-off pistol were poor quality and I for one would think twice before firing your pistol .
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have one of similar manufacture chambered in 38 special.

I sure as heck don't shoot full power 38 special loads out of it.

However, it times well and locks tight so I do shoot black powder loads out of it.