In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M 1 .30 Cal Carbine, Universal Asking Price???

balootexbalootex Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Howdy,
I have an M 1 .30 Caliber Carbine. I got this several years ago from a friend as collateral on a loan. Obviously, he does not want it back. Anyway, I have no idea what the gun is worth. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what I could or should list it for (in my local paper). It will also be listed with one 15 round clip and 2 30-round banana clips (with a bracket that connects the two banana clips), and a soft case.
I would appreciate any advice on listing this Carbine and your ideas on what it might go for.
Thanks,
Balootex (in UT)

Comments

• Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by balootex
    Howdy,
    I have an M 1 .30 Caliber Carbine. I got this several years ago from a friend as collateral on a loan. Obviously, he does not want it back. Anyway, I have no idea what the gun is worth. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of what I could or should list it for (in my local paper). It will also be listed with one 15 round clip and 2 30-round banana clips (with a bracket that connects the two banana clips), and a soft case.
    I would appreciate any advice on listing this Carbine and your ideas on what it might go for.
    Thanks,
    Balootex (in UT)

maker, high wood,etc? PIcs would help a lot. There are some very savvy m1 guys on here that will be able to help you out with more info
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They sell in the $300-400 range based on condition.

Personally, I no longer sell guns locally (unless it's someone related to me by blood). There are too many felons, child molesters, & crazies out there, & I don't want to supply the gun used to commit a shoot-em-up that harms innocent folks. I'd rather list my gun on the GB site, & let the receiving dealer run a background check to vet the purchaser.

Neal
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Local newspaper: $450. The estimate is a little pricey, but all the "buzz" is that firearms sales have increased over the past few months. You should get a few nibbles. Joe
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Universals are like Iver Johnsons, they just don't have the same demand as original military M1's. I would say a fair price would be $350. But if it was sitting in a pawn shop or on the used gun rack at a gun shop they would probably want $450 for it.
  • Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry, I misread the "universal" part to indicate average price My apologies.
  • Options
    stetsonstetson Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say $3oo - $400 is a fair price because universal M-1 carbines
    were put together from bins of parts that were from all different
    manufactures some, good some not so good.I owned one before I knew better and sold it for a loss because it didn't do what it was suppose to ! Do I think it will be worth more because of the scare
    of new President,no. Not this particular carbine with an effective
    range of 300 yards tops ! This rifle was suppose to take the place od the 45 acp so officers would have something better than a pistol.
    It saw service right up to Viet Nam mainly with South Vietnamese
    and our troops buying them on the black market.