In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AMT / OMC .380 back-up pistol?

IrisMIrisM Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
Hello all.

I have an OMC .380 Back-up semi-auto pistol in stainless steel. It appears to be a very close copy of the AMT Back-up. Did OMC take over the rights to the AMT line, or was OMC an earlier version? I have noticed some very minor technical changes between the two brands. I appreciate any information. Thanks!
vr,
"IrisM"

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here Is a C&P....

""The AMT Backup was first known as the OMC Backup. This early variant was produced in .380 ACP caliber in El Monte, California. OMC produced a short run of these pistols before the molds were purchased by Arcadia Machine & Tool, who took over production.

The original AMT Backup was produced with a single-action trigger mechanism, while the later Backup II used a double-action-only mechanism. These pistols were manufactured by AMT and later Galena Industries (until November 2001).""
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMC=Ordnance Manufacturing Company. Was one of the earlier companies that Harry Sanford started, to make guns. This was after the original Auto Mag Corp., went belly up. He also manufactured guns, under the company name of Irwindale Industries.

AMT was the name, of the final most successful company he started. It dates to the early 80's. And was in existence until he unfortunately passed away in the late 90's.

That said. I owned a OMC backup myself years ago. I don't have very fond memories of it. And I was glad to see it go, to a new home.
  • Options
    IrisMIrisM Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello all.

Thanks to all of you for the information!

vr,
    "IrisM"