In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

carry pistol IWB

BlackPowderJamBlackPowderJam Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
What I would like is a pistol that can be IWB carry so (40cal compact) with a hammer (decocker) function. At this time what I see available is striker fire type pistols. I was looking at the FN line but the hammer line are to big, also the SR40C is prefect but striker fire. So is there a make out there that I am missing, thank you for the help.

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can go "old school" and lop off the hammer spur flush to the slide. Or at the very least "bob" it.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    BlackPowderJamBlackPowderJam Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perfect that's what I was looking for, I did not see them at the shops I go to but I will check them out. Thank you for the info quote:Originally posted by Hawk Carse
    CZ P-06
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What you are looking for is a Sig Sauer 239...can be had in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 357 Sig., and in a variety of finishes.

EDIT 1
    quote:Originally posted by Bottom Gun
    My choice is the Sig P239. It's compact, accurate and reliable. It can be easily changed to 9MM, .40 S&W or .357 Sig with a simple barrel swap.

Not exactly true. the 9mm, has a different head/rim size than the 40 S&W, 357 Sig. The extractor is not like that of the Glock17/22, that can accommodate either head size.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are TONS of second & third generation S&W autos (pre M&P style) with decockers. Many can be had for under $400 on the auction side. Several already have bobbed hammers too. You can even find new in box versiona that were never fired. The SIG is a great gun too. The Beretta PX Storm and H&K USP compacts also have decockers.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Look at The S&W 4000 series in 40. Very flat for IWB carry [;)]
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another vote for the Sig P-239. I have been carrying one for more than 10 years IWB old school "cop" carry - no holster, just a good leather belt slipped in behind my hip bone. Mine is a .40, but I have a .357 barrel as well. Very accurate and totally reliable pistol!
  • Options
    Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My choice is the Sig P239. It's compact, accurate and reliable. It can be easily changed to 9MM, .40 S&W or .357 Sig with a simple barrel swap.
    Mechanical engineers have their moments.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackPowderJam
    What I would like is a pistol that can be IWB carry so (40cal compact) with a hammer (decocker) function. At this time what I see available is striker fire type pistols. I was looking at the FN line but the hammer line are to big, also the SR40C is prefect but striker fire. So is there a make out there that I am missing, thank you for the help.

There are any number of compact .40SW guns that have external hammers and decocking safeties:

-Smith "number" autos
    -Beretta PX4-Storm (formerly 9000)
    -Sig 239
    -CZ RAMI with decocker
    -Ruger P series autos

HK, FN, Taurus all also have models that fit.

Walther P99 has an internal striker (with feelable cocking indicator), but uses a traditional DA/SA action with a decocker, so it functions basically like a hammered pistol.

I'm sure there are others.