In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pre Model 35

idahogunbrokeridahogunbroker Member Posts: 131 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
New Item # 498499753

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Pre Model 35 that Smith and Wesson says is very collectable.
    This gun is in excellent condition and I am trying to find a value, before guessing. Will list on GunBroker

Thanks
    Bill Butler
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Made in 1954 Pre Model 35 22/32 Target Pistol

Thanks
    Bill Butler
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pre-Model 35, 22/32 Target Pistol which was was first introduced in 1911 and manufactured until World War II. S&W brought the gun back into production in 1953 and my gun (Ser. No. 22965) was made in 1954. The reason my gun is called the Pre-Model 35 is because S&W did not use Model Numbers until the 1960s. The Model 35 was discontinued in the 1970s. S&W did not provide a booklet with the Pre-Model 35.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Kit guns" were a nice little pistol. I have shot several pre war issues.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idahoGunBroker
    Pre-Model 35, 22/32 Target Pistol which was was first introduced in 1911 and manufactured until World War II. S&W brought the gun back into production in 1953 and my gun (Ser. No. 22965) was made in 1954. The reason my gun is called the Pre-Model 35 is because S&W did not use Model Numbers until the 1960s. The Model 35 was discontinued in the 1970s. S&W did not provide a booklet with the Pre-Model 35.

Believe that early .22's, on the .32 "I" frame. Were known as the Bekeart model. After the gun dealer that first ordered them. They were made till the 30's, and substantially different than your pre Model 35.

Not trying to downgrade your revolver. As it's very uncommon and quite collectable. If it is in factory original/excellent, as you note? My WAG, it is easily worth 4 figures to a collector.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gun going on sale for $999 no reserve

Bill Butler
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Item on GunBroker 497683982
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idahoGunBroker

Bill Butler

In your description you mention model numbers were not used until the 60's. Actually it was 1957.

I have a model 35, great little gun that will stay in my collection.
    Model 35's and a pre-35 are very collectible very nice guns, but I think your $999 start may be a little optimistic. It may easily end up going for $1200 to $1500, but I would have started it at about $800. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are nice little guns. Can you give a more complete description. At the high end the difference between 95%, 97% and 99% means a lot in price and collectors can be very exacting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    Originally posted by idahoGunBroker

Bill Butler

In your description you mention model numbers were not used until the 60's. Actually it was 1957.

I have a model 35, great little gun that will stay in my collection.
    Model 35's and a pre-35 are very collectible very nice guns, but I think your $999 start may be a little optimistic. It may easily end up going for $1200 to $1500, but I would have started it at about $800. Just my 2 cent

Pulled it off. Will Relist with More pictures
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Essentially a J/I framed version of the K-22. NICE!