In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nagant 22 cal training revolver

mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
Anyone fired one of these wild ones? Wondering about shell piercing with that weird firing pin? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mackcrane
    Anyone fired one of these wild ones? Wondering about shell piercing with that weird firing pin? Thanks.

I believe there were some original ones made, but most I've seen are homemade-looking jobs -- when Nagants were selling for less than $100, it was a nice "gunsmith project gun."

The few Nagant 22lr conversion guns I've seen offered for sale varied in quality (just based on pictures I could see online -- I never handled one of these conversions in person). If one was done properly, I'm sure it could work just fine, but I wouldn't pay any more premium for one than I could buy an inexpensive "plinker" 22 revolver for.
  • Options
    mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one, made in 1938, but never got to shoot it. With the long firing pin, I just thought it might pierce the rim and wondered how well the cylinder sealed against the forcing cone. Thanks.