In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Franchi SPAS-12 Advice

PaleRider172PaleRider172 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a SPAS-12 shotgun with a fixed stock. I can't seem to find a collapsible or folding stock anywhere. I was looking at the Benelli M4 and Remington 870 shotguns and noticed that they look similar to the SPAS-12 (stock)set up. will any of the stocks for a Benelli M4 or Remington 870 work my SPAS-12? If not are there any other options for modification for my SPAS-12?

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SPAS-12 uses proprietary stocks.

Standard Mossberg/Remington stocks won't fit. While I'm sure its possible for someone with some skill to fabricate some sort of adapter that would let you use a Mossy, Rem, AK, or maybe AR stock, or modify one of those stocks to fit, I've never actually seen one. Still, having it done may be cost effective, given the alternative.

Finding an original folding SPAS-12 stock is tough. . .there aren't many out there for sale, and they're usually pretty expensive, if you can find one. IE, original folding stocks typically go for $500 and up. You may well be better off selling your entire gun and buying one with a folding stock.

Also, the original folding stocks, while quite cool looking, were largely considered uncomfortable to shoot, somewhat prone to parts failure, and were also potentially "finger choppers" if folded in haste.