In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin "Original Golden 39M".in nickel finish? pix

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
I just picked up a 39M conpleatly finish in nickle with the exception of the gold trigger. I can't find it listed in any book. when was this made and possible value?? ser. # is 22261898 (no extra safty)
pix
39_zpsqakxtg7n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Blue Book notes, 500 chrome plated 39M's were made in 1960. The serial number you have given, dates it to quite a bit later than 1960, though?
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    If your 39M looks like this,

xMarlin_Golden_39_A_Mountie.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xp7-hs_vEW.jpg

it's a 1960 90th anniversary Marlin 39a Golden Mountie in chrome finish (as opposed to nickel) with squirrel carved stock.
    The serial number is T14065 and it's worth about $1500
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
  • Options
    25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the picture it appears your gun is one of the later versions of the Mountie and someone nickel plated the receiver. No gun was made by the Marlin factory like the gun in the picture. No Marlin Mounties that I am aware of were nickel plated. As the gentleman above stated the Anniversary models were chrome plated.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    " No gun was made by the Marlin factory like the gun in the picture." the pix isn't the best but ALL the metal is either chrome or nickle plated and I'm sure it is factory. possibly a 'special' order by some distributer?