In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Flaig" custom rifle

slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
I see there are a couple of Flaig rifles on the other side. Anybody know anything much about them?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    They were a BIG time shop near Pittsburgh had a great business supplying wood for building custom guns but also ran a gun shop . I have a Combo gun they imported 222 and 20Ga 3 inch mag.I also went through their Wood building one time spent over an hour looking at wood to die for as to grain I still have it maybe one day will get someone to put in on a #5 Mauser 98 in 375 H&H that I bought a plain wood stock from the old SHOT GUN NEWS 50 years ago. I love the way it absorbs recoil but one day I might put that exhibition wood to use
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a mint condition 03A3 that Flaigs re-chambered to 300 Win mag and stocked with a very nice sporter stock.
  • Options
    49 harley49 harley Member Posts: 112 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a beautiful showroom and workshop at the top of a long winding drive. Log cabins, fireplaces, etc. Bought several really nice blanks from them back in the day, 79-81. Honestly was too young and na?ve at the time to know as far as quality, but they were highly regarded by PGS students, never heard a bad word.