In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

which 250 do I keep

boltactionboltaction Member Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have two 22-250's One is a Ruger #1 and the other is a newer Remington 700 bought it new 2 yr's ago.The rem. is a varmit gun camo stock 26 inch heavey bbl. Ruger is a 1B 26 inch sport bbl. Both guns shoot great. But I thinking of getting rid of one just don't know which one.Anyone have any thoughs on this. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I had one bull barrel gun in my life 99.9% of the time the heavy barrel did not make the difference in the shot only thing I remember it was too heavy to carry.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your buddy called and said the prairie dogs were running wild, which ONE would you grab?? That's the one you keep. They are both excellent rifles and it is only a question of which suits you the most.
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep the ruger, if you change your mind it will be harder to replace than the remington.
  • Options
    MillironMilliron Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Perry Shooter said
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whenever I struggle with this sort of decision, later I wish I'd kept the gun I sold.

Then find it would cost more than I got for it to replace it with one I don't like as much.

If its's not obvious to you, that's something telling you that you really don't want to sell either.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd sell them both, buy a Ruger American, and enjoy spending the rest of the money.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd keep the one that shoots better and has the nicer chamber/
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Just because you like one more than the other is not a valid reason to sell the other. where would the world be if everyone only kept the wife that they liked the most and got rid of all the rest?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ruger #1, is the one that will definitely harder to replace. As for a good shooting bolt gun, they are made in abundance. So, if one must go, then it would be the Remington, in my opinion.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1978 vintage Ruger #1 std barrel in 6mm rem and a 1980 vintage 6mm Rem Ruger 77 varmint HB , both shoot very good, and have taken quite a few ground hogs. they are both fine rifles and shoot about the same size groups, If I needed to sell or trade one away the 77V HB would go without any hesitation. The #1 is just too nice a rifle to lose, and I probably would never be able to replace it.
    Get rid of the Remington, IMHO 2 year old Remington 700's are not worth keeping,those 20 years old and older are the keepers.