In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1943 manufactured AK 47

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I sent off a message letting him know that "1943" is simply the last four digits of the rifle's complete serial number. He already has one bid ($1500), but since it was not enough to break the reserve, he'll have time (probably plenty of it) to correct the listing.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Since the Russians reverse engineered it after WWII based on their experiences with the Germans, I'd say what the fellow should auction wouldn't be the gun, but the time machine that was used to manufacture it.
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, a stamped receiver Norinco with an underfolder that was made before the Russians even made the original milled ones? Crafty little Asians [;)]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The gentleman contacted me this morning and was embarrassed for the mistake. He's out on the road and one of his underlings did the listing. He says he was trying to correct it all morning, but the site has been down for maintenance.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, kind of a dumb mistake.

But really, what was that bit about "casting the first stone"?

[;)]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1500 and reserve not met? hmm,,I say hmmm[:I]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love a free market. No one is required to sell or buy.