In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

25-35 Ammo

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
Has anybody heard of a new 25-35 round that is being produced that is a lot faster than ammo that has been available and can still be used in a round magazine. I have seen those plastic tip rounds but I still do not think I would want to load those in my 94. At least not anymore than two, one in the chamber one in the magazine.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just added a 1899 Savage in 25-35 to my collection. Is the 25-35 ammo I am seeing on the GB auctions the same as I need for this rifle?

I am unfamiliar with the 25-35 caliber and don't want to use the "wrong" ammo in this shooter/collector.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it alright to use Sellier & Bellot 6.5x52R ammo in winchester 25-35 caliber rifles? Thanks
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the corrupt lawyer driven lawsuits, that hound the firearms industry.

I believe that the folks who make that plastic tipped ammo, that is safe in tubular magazines. Wouldn't have gone into production, unless they were 100% sure. That it was lawyer proof.

I've seen that plastic tipped ammo you're inquiring about. For the common lever gun ammo. Like 30-30 and 35 Rem. Not for the long obsolete, 25-35, but who knows? They might have made a run of it?

EDIT #1,

Hornady, does make 25-35, Leverevolution ammo. Click on this link.

http://www.hornady.com/store/25-35-Win-110-gr-FTX-Leverevolution/
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just acquired a Savage 1899 in 25-35, looked around for ammo but was scarce & pricey. Found Hornady brass cases at Cheaper Than Dirt and Hornady 117 gr. RN bullets on GunBroker auction. Found a load recipe using Leverevolution powder. Hope to be in business soon.
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was at an auction a couple of months ago & bought 5 boxes of fact ammo for a 25-35 for $17.00 a box. I thought it was a bargain.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck of a buy - half price or better compared to what I'm finding.