In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prvi Partizan Ammunition

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
Has anybody used any of this? is it worth having? Does the brass hold up to multiple reloadings?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    In general what is the quality/opinions of this line of rifle ammunition?

Thanks
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    has worked good for me [^]
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Very good ammo , and mostly @ a good price !!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SCOUT5,

The lots that I've shot have been just about average in performance and reloadability. Don't be too hopeful that the brass is as good as Lapua, it's not. But it will hold up to 5 reloads usually which is not bad for less expensive ammunition.

I look for most of it when it's on sale and use it for pressure tests and beginning accuracy tests when I need factory ammunition instead of reloads. I got one lot of .25-06 which was above average in accuracy when I tested it so I'm holding it in reserve for use when I hunt with that rifle.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it will probably do what I need. A friend of mine ended up with his father's .22 hornet. I am going to get him a lot of ammunition for it so his grandkids can enjoy their great grandpa's rifle. Seen the PPU stuff priced better than most. Mostly it will be for plinking and targets but, if it shoots good enough, I want it to be suitable for coyotes and other varmints in case the need arises. So I didn't want to buy him junk.

I have 3 boxes of it that came in a lot of .243 ammunition I bought here on the site. I used it get a couple of rifles on paper but then I switched to what I was going to hunt with. So I haven't shot it for groups or hunted with it.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a number of WWII handguns, which can be a little challenging to find ammo for at the local gun shop. I can get a couple of boxes of Prvi Partizan which loads a lot of Eastern European/Soviet calibers, shoot the guns a bit for fun and not be invested in ammo beyond the value of the gun. For that it is great.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - good afternoon - I have purchased over 1000 rounds of 7X57 mauser over several years. I don't reload it as others have mentioned - you only get 5-7 reloads per case. But - I have no qualms about it's down range performance. Best Regards - AQH

nononsense - please contact me at AdamsQuailHunter@comcast.net --- your e-mail icon doesn't work.
  • Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have been buying their new brass for my hornet and am extremely pleased with it
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've bought a couple rounds in 30-06....it's decent ammo.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've purchased it for about 6 different calibers and have no complaints.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used several calibers of that ammo. It has performed well and was accurate. I have not reloaded any of it yet.