In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith and Wesson grips

SteveM74SteveM74 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
I recently picked up an ammo box of ammo and an toolbox full of cleaning kits/supplies. In the cleaning kit were 2 Smith and Wesson wood grips. Was looking to see what they are from and if they are worth anything to sell.

Set one

1Vx47f.jpg
ldw491.jpg
E7flIk.jpg
1bZ3zE.jpg
Kf1IVQ.jpg
V0QMj0.jpg
azz2UT.jpg

Set two
SrvN9O.jpg
aNRNIU.jpg
wNUoU2.jpg
OnyBoF.jpg

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If both are N-frame grips then you have $200-$250 worth of wood there. Nice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How can I tell which frame they go to?
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone else will I'm sure give measurements to determine N from K, but the larger are Goncalo Alves target stocks most likely from the 1970s and the lower are service stocks from the same period. The service stocks would have slightly rounded bottom edges if they came off a fixed sight revolver, like a Model 10 or 58, or would be square edged if they came off an adjustable sighted like a Model 15 or 28.

Target stocks of the 70s go for anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 and service stocks about $30.00. If the service stocks are N frame they'll go for a bit more as relatively few N frames in that time period were fixed sights - Model 58, Model 520 come to mind.

Were either "diamond" type they'd be worth more, Smith "Coke Bottle" target stocks go for about $400.00 or so.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    Someone else will I'm sure give measurements to determine N from K, but the larger are Goncalo Alves target stocks most likely from the 1970s and the lower are service stocks from the same period. The service stocks would have slightly rounded bottom edges if they came off a fixed sight revolver, like a Model 10 or 58, or would be square edged if they came off an adjustable sighted like a Model 15 or 28.

Target stocks of the 70s go for anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 and service stocks about $30.00. If the service stocks are N frame they'll go for a bit more as relatively few N frames in that time period were fixed sights - Model 58, Model 520 come to mind.

Were either "diamond" type they'd be worth more, Smith "Coke Bottle" target stocks go for about $400.00 or so.

Thank you for your input!