In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

crossman pellet gun ????

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
OK :

Has any-one here done a 'rebuild' on a crossman pellet rifle ? Ive done a lot of 'smithing' over the years but have never touched one of these : it leaks air as fast as you can pump it up ???
Im thinking its a model 760 ???

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 5 years ago our son asked me to look at his 20 some year old Crossman, it quit working, wouldn't hold air. He's handy enough but not a gun guy so I was happy to. I spent some time on the internet and Crossman's website and finally called them looking for a rebuild kit. The lady I spoke with said they sold nothing like that and gave me a name and number of a guy she said could help me. Sorry, I don't have that info where I can find it right now.

I called and he answered and spent maybe 15 minutes on the phone with me. He had me do several function tests and said my problem was just one seal that I could get at through the end of the forearm and gave me some tips on disassembly and reassembly. He charged me $7 or $8 on my credit card, and the part was here in a few days. For the amount of time he spent, I don't know how he makes any money. The seal went in just like he said, the old one was obviously bad, problem solved. I gave the gun back to our son so I don't have the model number.

So I suggest you call Crossman and hopefully you can follow the same path. Best of luck.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Web search is your friend.
    It's been a few years but I found what I needed.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aztngundoc22
    OK :

Has any-one here done a 'rebuild' on a crossman pellet rifle ? Ive done a lot of 'smithing' over the years but have never touched one of these : it leaks air as fast as you can pump it up ???
    Im thinking its a model 760 ???

Thanks !!!

Most likely needs "o" rings replacing. Use silicone oil on it when You have done it. These seals dont like gun oil.
  • Options
    chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not an expert but I have rebuilt several model 160 and 760 guns. Its rather simple but you need to take your time and pull up the schematic on the internet . Several of the screws are in odd places and the schematic can show you where they are.
    Its always the O rings . I get my O rings off the internet for about $3 a set!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most likely, the folks out at www.pyramydair.com, will have everything you need for rebuild, including advice.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thanks for the advice .....

Will give this project a try soon ?

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?