In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mateba .357 6" or 6.5"

ginger49023ginger49023 Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Ask the Experts
I cannot locate any of the above for sale on various sites.
I believe they no longer import so finding a ballpark value on a 95%fit/finish and 100% mechanical id difficult.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Value is based on demand, little demand for Mateba's, IMHO. Reason nobody is importing them any more.

Since it is a used pistol, with little buyer demand. I would price it out, at the wholesale price, i.e. new selling price -30 percent, plus or minus 5 percent.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that the semi auto revolver??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes, semi auto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sold a nice one with the box about a year ago for $3000.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

Our local Cal Ranch store, had 2/3? of them in stock couple years ago. Don't remember the exact model(s), but they came in different barrel lengths. Kind of surprised me? Not exactly the type of handguns, you expect to see at Cal Ranch.

To make a long story short, they were pricy. But nowhere near the $3000, you got for yours. Which model did you have?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, this one went for (gulp) $4,950 here on GB, with a 4" barrel:
    http://www.GunBroker.com/item/607988911

With a few thousand sold, they aren't that rare. But, it's a very interesting & unique gun. I suspect that most are owned by either collectors or investors, & that most are mint or close to it. The fact that they are no longer being imported may have actually increased the value.

It's difficult to say how much one with 95% finish would go for, but most collectors & investors wouldn't want it. But, there are still a lot of folks who would like to shoot something that is really unusual.

Neal

"Opinions are like baracks, everybody's got one."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Well, this one went for (gulp) $4,950 here on GB, with a 4" barrel:
    http://www.GunBroker.com/item/607988911

With a few thousand sold, they aren't that rare. But, it's a very interesting & unique gun. I suspect that most are owned by either collectors or investors, & that most are mint or close to it. The fact that they are no longer being imported may have actually increased the value.

It's difficult to say how much one with 95% finish would go for, but most collectors & investors wouldn't want it. But, there are still a lot of folks who would like to shoot something that is really unusual.

Neal

"Opinions are like baracks, everybody's got one."

Holy smokes! I should have bought all the ones Cal Ranch, had.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    quote:Originally posted by toad67

Our local Cal Ranch store, had 2/3? of them in stock couple years ago. Don't remember the exact model(s), but they came in different barrel lengths. Kind of surprised me? Not exactly the type of handguns, you expect to see at Cal Ranch.

To make a long story short, they were pricy. But nowhere near the $3000, you got for yours. Which model did you have?

I don't remember which one it was. It had a 6" bbl.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks
    mine is a .357 with a 6.5" barrel,
    maybe 50 rounds thru it and anally cleaned every time out.
    Can't find the box [dumb on my part] but probably as close to new as possible.