In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

muzzle guard for lever action cleaning

mbrookmbrook Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone make a muzzle guard to protect the crown while cleaning a lever action gun? I use bore guides for my bolt guns but I have been looking for a guide to protect the crown for my lever guns. Thanks[This message has been edited by mbrook (edited 09-06-2001).]

Comments

• Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might check out the Brownells catalog. There's an item called the Dewey Rod Guide/Guard, four different sizes that cover most calibers, cost about $5.00 each. If your rifle is .30 caliber it is item #234-018-030. Brownells order phone no. is 515-623-4000. Kleen Bore used to make one piece stainless steel cleaning rods and supply a similar item with the rod. Don't know if they still do.
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Or you might try a bore-snake. Work pretty good unless you are shooting lead.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The KleenBore Deluxe stainless steel rifle cleaning rod comes with a bore protector.Neal
  • BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shootist3006, If you can read Latin,PleaseE MAIL me as I need the Family Motto?? translated. Any Help would be Appreciated!! Thank You!! Buffler295@cs.com
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One positive thing you could do to make life easier, buy Marlin lever guns.One screw and a couple of tugs and the cleaning rod goes in from the rear straight through to the muzzle.I have been using one of the snakes on my trapdoor and really like the job it does.Not a new idea but it does make it easier without scrubbing the crown out.modoc