In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Aetec Scope

garandfangarandfan Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
I don't know if this has been asked before but the search thing won't work so I'll have it to ask. I'm buying my first hunting rifle, most likely in 30-06. I don't have tons of money for an excellent scope, so I was wondering if anybody has any experience with a Simmons aetec. The price isn't too bad and I have heard some good things about them. Any input would be appreciated.

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington

Comments

• MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Aetec is a great scope for the price and is probably Simmons 2nd best scope behind the Whitetail Hunter. I would highly recommend it.

MARINO FIREARMS INC.
    607-637-3573
    NY STATE
    "Over 300 guns in stock ready to rock n roll "
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are very good scopes you should expect a lifetime of good service from it.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • poopahpoopah Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Garandfan,I've had excellent service(many years)from both the aetec and 44 mag,(including fall from horse on elk hunt)have no plans to change either one.Good Hunting,Roger
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one mounted on my rem.1100 slug gun. And it works great. A slug gun relay can test a scope to see if it will hold up under heavy recoil. The Aetec passes with flying colors. The Aetec scope will do great on a 30.06 rifle.

Hornet
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had one since they first came out,no problems.

ATF
  • KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a couple of them from the first batch probably hitting the import pier. Never had any problems with either, and they've been mounted on all calibers from 7 Rem Mag to .22 LR.

Keep off the Ridgeline