In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Mini-14 in 223

KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
Just curious about a fair asking price. Mine is the ranch rifle. 95% mint with three 30 round aftermarket magazines.Nice leather sling. The only place the bluing is worn is at the end of the barrel. Serial # 187-x9999. Any ideas when it was made? I was thinking in the $425 range. Is this a fair price? Thanks.

Comments

• MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Price range is fair not sure when made though.

MARINO FIREARMS INC.
    607-637-3573
    NY STATE
    "Over 300 guns in stock ready to rock n roll "
  • boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    The 187 series Ruger Ranch Rifles were made between 1982 and 1989. In my opinion, a brand new one doesn't cost much more than $400.00. Price seems high to me. Just because it was made back in the 80's doesn't mean it's legal to add assault weapons features to it, like the folding stock or such. A link to idendify when Rugers were made, by series number, is:

http://www.sportables.com/ruger_rifles.htm

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • hotrodusahotrodusa Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say try and get $325.oo plus or minus $25.oo with the sling.
    Sell the 30 round clips seperate or trade them at a show for something you can use. When selling a gun most people get turned off when they have to buy a gun with acessories that they may not need.
    If you traded it in they wont give you any extra for the magazines, Thats been my experiance. So best to sell or trade the 30 rounders without the rifle.

Robert
  • bk0331bk0331 Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be intrested. Please e-mail me at: bklimecki@comcast.net.