In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sig 226 used- worth it?

JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
I found a web site where they are selling police trade in Sig 226's with a Hi-cap mag for $400.00. Does this sound reasonable? It is Aim surplus. Any input on them?

Comments

• NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great gun for a great price,the gun should last a lifetime.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The P226 is terrific and the price is right as long as the gun is in decent shape. Most service guns have more finish wear from holster presentations than internal wear. If the dealer is reputable you are doing well.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • hotrodusahotrodusa Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    400.00 is a good price with a hi-cap mag if its in very good plus condition.

www.kyimports.com sells them too both new and used, And there a great place to deal with.
  • airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great gun, very good price the only thing that could make it better is if it was a Sig 229. I've seen many hi-cap magazines priced at $90.00 with many going out the door for $75/80.00.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great gun even when broken in by someone else. Used to carry 226 for work. Government job everything else we carried was H&K so they must have had a lot of confidence in the 226. I put around 3000 rounds through my work piece and about 1500 through the re conditioned one I bought for myself. Had one or two failure to feeds but that was probably from a slack grip. Good gun good price especially w/ Hi-cap's
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Lots of the outfits that carry the police trade-ins skim off the original magazines to sell separately, and then sell the gun with a USA or other non-factory mag. Make sure you know what you are getting.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net