In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jennings/pheonix arms

mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any info on the jennings model J-38? Whats it made out of and how reliable is it. Any statistics or personal experience would be helpful. I spent hours on the web trying to get an unbiased report on jennings. Couldn't find anything. Pheonix Arms is also made by someone in the Jennings family. Are they any better?

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Jennings, Bryco, pheonix, all the same,, out of business, Cheap guns. not to reliable.

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    I am a dealer/shooter. Phoenix Arms is by far the best pick of the lot. Let it be said though that all are CAST ALLOY pistols and therefore have serious limitations as to there reliability and long term survivalbility. They all should be sold with a plinking only disclaimer, anybody using these types of weapons for self defense is considered foolhardy in my humble opinion.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic shares the same view I do try to avoid these guns and save for a better one.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I have a Phoenix Arms Hp 22, and I agree it is good for plinking but not real reliable. I was not aware that they were out of business, are you sure about this?? I was thinking on ordering some parts for mine.
  • lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Phoenix Arms is not out of business, they used to make Ravin pistols, but no longer do. Lorcin is gone. Jennings/Bryco is back after moving. Davis is now Cobra.
  • J.JohnJ.John Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have operated under various names and moved to different places because of the lawsuits. But the Phoenix .22 is the best of the lot.
  • The firearms consultantThe firearms consultant Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They all will go "bang", for a while, maybe.
    Buy good guns!
    John

I might not always tell you the truth, but I will never lie to you!
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Carefully place all in a cloth sack, add 50 of rope. You now the best boat anchor money can buy

I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man

Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of All Those that Threaten it