In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

unusual chamber

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
On an old Belgium Rolling block marked 11.1mm the rim is as large as .675, the base .570 then shoulders down to a tapered neck ending at .457 with a land to land bore of .439. Overall length before the rifling appears to be around 2.25 inches. Can't find any ammo in my obsolete books to match these dimensions. I'm leaning towards Turkish or Egyptian but the neck and bullet size seems too big in both of these.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    You sure it's not .43 spanish?

osamakerry.jpg
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went through my reference, the only two cartridges that appear to be in the ballpark, are the 11mm Belgian Comblain & the 11mm Belgian Albini.

My WAG is it's the Comblain, as the dimensions you gave seem to be the slightly more similar.

You can't hardly tell with the old 19th Century Black Powder cartridges though. I've seen way more variation in them then in the modern high pressure smokeless rounds.

luger_4.jpg
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bdj, I believe you have the M1876 Comblain Carbine chambering. The other Belgian Comblain cartridges had larger bores and / or longer OALs while the Albini has both characteristics.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / demoMAGGOTS" (me)