In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Information on S&W knife

ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
A friend has a S&W Knife without markings except the S&W logo.The blade is 6&5/16" Long ,it has a wooden handle with an eye on the top of it.The case has the number 106 on it.I have no way of getting a picture as he lives in another State.
Any help would be appreciated.[?]
Thanks

Eagle_Guns.gif
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns

Comments

• Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    My two meagre comments:

1] S&W knives are guaranteed for life (mine is, and I'd guess it is the same for all)
    2] A photo emailed to S&W will quickly resolve this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply,guess I'll have to get a photo.[:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W sold a series of knives in the 1970's, as I recall. In those days, S&W didn't make it known whether they actually produced the knives themselves, or if they were made for them by a knife manufacturer. (I suspect the latter.)

If your friend has the original box, he should also have the brochure that they packed with every knife showing photos & model numbers of the entire line. Your friend probably has the "Fisherman", with a knurled pommel that unscrews so you can keep matches dry for an emergency.

These knives were only available for a couple of years, & are quite collectible. Obviously, those NIB are worth substantially more than used ones.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Neal,no that's not it.He found this about 20yrs ago in a car in the salvage yard,no box just the sheath.
    Thank You
    [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg

ATF,Eagle Guns