In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Spot of Rust onGlock Slide......

drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
what would be the best method to remove the rust but preserve the finish??

Never trust a government that doesnt trust its own citizens with guns
--Thomas Jefferson

Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath?
Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i believe your only choices are, doin it yourself, or getting it to a gunsmith but i redid my whole pellet rifle that was blued and i started out with the steel wool that you can buy in most stores, but make sure you get more blueing. i got mine at walmart. but wait and see if theres any better ways to do it

one shot, one kill
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how big a spot??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it has 3 or 4 spots about the size of pencil lead,the finish on the slide is not blueing,more like a parkerized finish i believe.

--Thomas Jefferson

Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath?
    Thomas Jefferson
  • Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the finish is called "tenifer" and is exclusive to glock pistols. the black I belive is a phosphated finish and will wear, but i have never seen a glock pistol with rust on it. I would contact glock and tell them because i was under the impression that its easier to take a bite out of that slide before you could rust it[:D]
  • drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks jake,i will call them

--Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Jake said, send it back to Glock. They would be able to take care of it real quick.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg