In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

black beauty shotgun

andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
i have a feeling that this one might be a little bit harder than my previous 7mm mauser questions lol. my uncle a black beauty shotgun and i had never heard the name so i was just wondeing if you guys could work you magic(knowledge) and tell me some general information on it such as when where they made and such

thanks and good luck
andrew

one shot, one kill

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NEED MORE INFO. GA, TYPE,PUMP, SEMI, O/U ETC.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    It's a single... A utility single. Crescent comes to mind, but H&A is possible as a few others.

Value is minimal. Safety with any load is questionable and should be considered suspect for anything but display.

Nord
  • 2520wcf2520wcf Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this gun is a double, it might be a Baker Black Beauty, which is a middling good American double barrel, made in upstate New York many years ago. I'd describe it FULLY on this forum, and, if it's a double, also on the doubleguns.com BBS. There are several Baker nuts (I mean experts, of course) over there.

The term "Black Beauty" was sometimes used generically for the plainest, unengraved English guns by good makers in the late 19th/early 20th century, so it was copied by makers of cheaper shotguns, especially Belgian guns often sold by Sears, etc. We need more DETAILS to identify yours.