In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

$ value on rare(???) pistol trio all NIB / oddball

mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
we have a customer who traded a car (1998 CADILLAC SEVILLE, 48,000 MILES) for 3 pistols...

1. IMI DESERT EAGLE .50 AE with 2 extra BBL`s (10 inch, 14 inch)(both spare BBL`s are MAGNAPORTED). blue finish, NIB, unfired.

2. AMT AUTOMAG V .50 AE with 3 spare mags, stainless finish, MILLET target sights, box marked "ONE OF 3000", NIB, unfired.

3. DAN WESSON SUPERMAG .445 SUPERMAG, 10" BBL (vent rib, heavy target), factory engraved with letter, NIB, unfired, 5 boxs of factory target ammo.

all the guns have custom made wooden, glass topped display cases. all the guns have factory letters, all appear to be specialorder, limited production guns. all 3 have LEUPOLD VARI-X 2.5-8X32 pistol scopes, rings, and mounts (not installed). all factory paperwork is intact, all factory boxs are intact.

he wants an estimate of value...
i did not even know that AMT made a .50 AE...
i have a figure in my head for each gun, but i would realy appreciate some extra opinions. i cannot find these guns in most of my price guides...

i am at a loss for words on this trio...
i am envious...
please help.
best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.

Comments

• vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last few automag 5's I've sold have been right around $750, if nib w/papers $850...

(they never made it to #3000 either... I believe they ended up right around 2000 units before company folded)

vipersig.jpg
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY "WAG" WITH THE EXTRAS WOUKD BE $3500. IMO. NAMBU --How close am I to yours?
    ?
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nambu, I hope that you are wrong. My estimate on the car is around $10,000. OUCH! Let him down easy, Mike.

Neal
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    10 years from now the Caddy will be worth probably $500 or so & the guns probably $10,000. IMHO
    [^][^]barto

Win some, lose some.
    Winning's better.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For all automag questions I usually go here. http://pub17.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=1448428846&cpv=1 The others can be blue booked easily.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM
  • toolman9mmtoolman9mm Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $3000 give or take a few hundred
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the gent in question is part owner of a CADILLAC dealership, a rather large one that also handles LAMBORGINI, ASTON-MARTIN, etc...

he took guns in trade for the car, and the car cost him about $7500.00 after all was said and done. he had the transfer done here at the shop, and left them for inspection.

i figure that the AUTOMAG V with accsesories, mags, scope, NIB, papers, custom display case, etc... is worth about $1200.00...

i figure that the IMI DESERT EAGLE with the extra MAGNAPORTED BBL`s, NIB, papers, custom display case, scope, etc... is worth about $1200.00...

i figure that the DAN WESSON is the tough one to value...
    heavily engraved, bright blue screws, oddball BBL length, scope, custom display case, factory letter, 5 boxs of ammo, etc...
    is worth about $2000.00...

i think that on a good day, on the top end the trio is worth about $5000.00 max...

i think its a good investment in the long run, but i think he lost out on the deal at this point...

all 3 guns are rather rare, arent they???
    best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.