In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith & Wesson parts ?

turkeyhunter36089turkeyhunter36089 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have 681 pistol and the locking pin is coming out to far. The only way to close or open the cylinder is to use a pin and push the locking pin back. Any idea what is causing this, and if it is a worn pin where can I get one?

Comments

• Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Is the ejector rod screwed down tight? Note that it threads counterclockwise to tighten.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had the same problem on a .41 mag and the problem was just what Txs said the ejector rod was loose. If you need new parts try Brownells. They have factory S&W parts. www.brownells.com
  • Options
    turkeyhunter36089turkeyhunter36089 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, y'all were right the ejector rod was loose. This is a new gun to me (got it yesterday) and I just wasn't paying attention.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a very common problem. I have had that happen with several of my Smith revolvers.

Put a little non-permanent Loctite on the threads of the ejector rod, that should hold it in place and allow you to still unscrew it when you need to.
  • Options
    chrisfreightchrisfreight Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need a j frame for a bodyguard .38...........Any help....would be rewarded with money.........davidfreight@gmail.com