In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage 22 hornet

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can someone tell me what a savagr 22 hornet model 342 is worth??? I want to sell it on GB for my father inlaw but cant find one anywhere to get a value. It is in excellent condition with no marks on the wood or barrel. He bought it new and only shoot it ONE TIME!!! It looks brand new to me. Thanks. OAK

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i saw a savage 22 hornet brand new at a gun shop today but it was not a model 40 so im guessing the gun was a few years old but never shot. it was a real plain jane non lamated stock i forgot to see if it was a single shot tho i know it did not have a floor plate but neither does my 22-250 and that still holds 3 other rounds. my question is does anyone know if savage has lately made a 22 hornet that was not a single shot bolt action in the last few years?
  • blacarrowblacarrow Member Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oak,

I have an earlier model 29D with a Weaver scope that I'm selling for $325 if that gives you some idea.

Hope this helps.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie,

From a New York state gunshop:

SAVAGE MODEL 342 BOLT ACTION 22 HORNET CAL. USED $ 320.00 SOLD

The rest of the advertised prices seemed to be in line with sales across the country so I don't think that this is out of line.

If I can suggest some more, in this situation, excellent photographs will sell this rifle at the highest price. They must be sharp with a variety overalls mixed with sharp detail photographs. The better the pictures of the excellent condition, the higher the demand.

Best.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. THAT HELPS[:D]