In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old Redfield Scope

GUTSSGUTSS Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine bought a rifle with an old Redfield 2x-7x scope on it. I searched and can not find any information on the reticle that is in this scope. I know it's a range finding reticle but how do you use it?
004-12.jpg

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Find something on or at the target 18" high. Supposedly the depth of a good size deer's chest.
    2. Crank the power ring until the object just fits between the two extra crosshairs at the top of the tube.
    3. Read the range off at the bottom of the stack of numbers. Reading 150 now.
  • amblerrlamblerrl Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think redfield called it the accutrac reticle.
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hawk Carse is dead on with his reply. I have a couple Redfields with the range finding reticle. Believe it or not it does work fairly well. However I have never used it when hunting only when watching deer in the off-season. When hunting, I don't want to take the time to use it. For most shots I can use a center hold and not worry about the range. Rangefinging reticles were mostly a marketing ploy in my opinion and not very practical. The Redfield scopes, however, are great and I always like to put them on my rifles. They are hard to beat for the money.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EDIT: The scope is probably the Traditional 2x7 variable (1974-1985+) with the rangefinder feature.
    What's next?
  • GUTSSGUTSS Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies Gentlemen![:)]