In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

30 wcf

wsm 325wsm 325 Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
wanting to know about price range on 30 wcf 1894 with a octagon barrel.

Comments

• Options
    wsm 325wsm 325 Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know that the 30-30 was originaly loaded with lead bullets. (1) What was the wieght, (2) Are there any molds that duplicte the original? Thanks.
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi wsm, guess i'll be the first to say it, good quality pictures are a must along with serial number and other pertainent stamps and markings. but i'll take a wag for you. anywhere from $100 to $12,000
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsm 325
    wanting to know about price range on 30 wcf 1894 with a octagon barrel.

As per your request for a price range estimate, it is not possible with the lack of details you have provided thus far. In order to assist you further, please answer the following questions about your Model 1894/94;

1. What is the serial number?

2. Is it a Sporting Rifle, a Deluxe Sporting Rifle, or an Extra Lightweight Sporting Rifle?

3. How long is the barrel?

4. What is the magazine tube length (e.g. full-length, 2/3, 1/2, or something else)?

5. Does it have a straight grip butt stock or a pistol grip?

6. What type of butt plate does it have?

7. Does it have plain (straight grain) walnut, or deluxe XXX grain?

8. Are the stocks plain or are they checkered?

9. Does it have standard open sights, or special order sights?

10. What is the condition of the bore?

11. What is the condition of the stocks?

12. What is the condition of the bluing on the receiver frame, on the barrel, and the magazine tube (expressed as a % of remaining finish)? Has it been reblued or refinished?

13. Is it a Solid frame or Take Down?

In lieu of answering all of my questions, clear well-lit pictures can be substituted.