In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question to all??????

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
Iam finding it very disturbing at some of the answers you get from (so called gun dealers on GB[:(!]) you ask them a question and you treated with dissrespect, belittlement and snide comments! When I come to the ask the experts section though, I get treated with nothing but respect from guys like nononsence and bob. You guys have helped young guys like me with less knowlage to preform tasks with guns I never thought possible.Thank you. I was trying to buy a gun from a (Dealer) and asked what he wanted for the gun. Simple I thought????? The answer>>>>> A BID. Thats what Iam looking for. Well he just lost a sale because I was going to give him what he wanted.He told me to stop wasting peoples time because I had only made one purchace on GB for ammo. This is not the first time a so called dealer has answered with a sarcastic answer. If they dont want to deal with people less knowlagable then themselves and think that they are god, why don't they get out of the bussiness. Iam a bussiness owner and I would never dream of being sarcastic to a customer. So what is the deal with these guys. Thanks for letting me rant, John Taggart

Comments

• Options
    CLINTFCLINTF Member Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most likely just an unhappy and lonely person that has to feel some power/control by being soooo tuff that he'll beat the crud out of any keys on a keyboard. For every one of those TARDS there are a hundred great people on this site.

Keep learning and share!
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello OAKIE it is my opinion that on the sales side of any auction site it involves money This can bring out the worst or TRUE COLORS from some people . However on the Forum side most people have a love of firearms and their collecting /shooting /repair etc without money involved some of us want to pass on our experience/knowledge and give back to others for the help we received in years past. We do have different opinions at times but for the most part this does not get on a personal level .Sadly to say in the past this has not been the case and we have lost some great people because of personal attacks . Opinions on guns and gun related subjects can bring out passion on the subject and sometimes we all need to take a step back and tone down our opinion. Glad to have you on board.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I've run into them too. But as of recent auctions I've found some good ones, they will get my repeat business.
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    big +1 on your reply clintf
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    POSTING GUIDELINES
    In general we expect everyone to act like adults and to show respect for each other, just as you would if the other parties were guests in your home. If you are looking for an unmoderated free-for-all you will not be at home here.

Other stuff we automatically delete:

Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site.

=============
    if it will help you any, what youre experiencing is that auction sites arent retail. in retail, customer is always right. in auctions, sellers are. same rules dont apply on auctions. where in retail, customers call the shots and have rights. in auctions, you basically kiss sellers feet. its the sad cruel world of auctioning.[;)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    plinkedplinked Member Posts: 401 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OAKIE
    I'm with you as far as the great bunch of people here on the expert forum, there a great knowledge base here, I get a edumacati....ejuca...I get smarter every time I log on [:D]
  • Options
    SageSage Member Posts: 367
    edited November -1
    I have found most of the people here to be very helpful and informative, for me esp Bert. And others behave as you have stated. There are bad apples in every barrel. In a blind forum peoples true nature always emerge. If you are gentleman or lady, you will be here. If they are a jerk...well they will be here too.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John, Those same guys are probably sitting at home wondering why they are not selling anything.

Some of the sellers are crotchity old retirees with zero patience when dealing with prospective buyers. Just be as nice as you can under the circumstances and move on.

I have bought a good amount of guns and ammo here with pleasant contacts with sellers. Hang in there. [:)][:)]
  • Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the forums Oakie. im assuming that you either live in or once lived in Oklahoma. its home to me. i side with the gentlemen you have heard from tonight. dont let someone elses bad attitude throw ya. personally, i have learned more about firearms from the men here on the boards than i ever would have learned any where else. i hope you have the same pleasant learning experiences that i have had here on Gunbroker. best
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is for bobski just remember most people who are selling have stores most people will not be disrespected but so much. I know i wont.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Ive been lucky, out of a plethera of questions Ive ask sellers...I have gotten very few BS answers, from those that chose to answer BS, I bought from another seller, as there usually no shortage selling the gun your after.

...WAY more good sellers than * wipes that WILL answer your questions.

...These sellers who give the BS answers should but don't, realize that MOST people asking questions are INTERESTED in BUYING! Of course there are the chain yankers too...so I "kinda" understand their view".

...Keep looking and keep asking questions...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i know oakies pain.
    retailers took over the internet...which started out designed for the little guy, but it was taken over by retailers disguised as auctioneers.
    i/e: fleebay use to be for little people trying to move stuff, with no strings attached.
    same here.
    but big time marketers took it all over which forced upon all, rules upon rules upon rules and costs. why? because they dragged their clients into what use to be a nice little quiet nitche and the bulls entered the china cabinet.
    was a time when anyone could sell something and there was a gentleman friendly environment here.
    now its cut throat where the buck is the bottom line.
    after dealing with morons in a store all day, some full time retailers come here to see what got caught in the nets, and most dont give hoot nor care what you have to say. i can understand that. they just want to sell their wares with the least effort possible. and to cover overheads, you the customer get scalped.

for the few that are HONEST and hardworking, this does not apply to you. but for the ones who it applies, dont think it doesnt go unnoticed.

thats just my opinion and im entitled to it.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.