In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HK USP conversion

black scorpion armsblack scorpion arms Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am wondering if there is a way for me to convert a HK USP 40 from a standard variant 1 (DA/SA with safety/decocker) to a variant 3 (DA/SA with decocker only). I can find variant 1 pistols to purchase but it looks like most other variants (2-10) are harder to find or must be special ordered. I am probably in the minority, but I am of the opinion that a safety will get you shot. Especially when using it as a duty weapon. Thanks forany help.

Comments

• AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    Any HK armorer can do it for you. Or you can send it to HK at:

Call Heckler & Koch, Inc's Customer Service Department at (706) 568-1906 from 8:00 am till 5:00 pm EST. Describe what you want done to the Customer Service Department personnel, who will be issued a Return Authorization Number. Then ship it to:

Heckler & Koch, Inc.
    Attn: Service Department/RA#_______
    5675 Transport Blvd. Suite 200
    Columbus, GA 31907 USA
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are converting anyway, I have mine for DA/SA decocking and manual safety. I'm not sure which variant it is, but I can carry it cocked and locked and decock using the lever.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an HK USP .45 Compact. I had a local armorer put a right side only safety decocker on it as I am left handed.

In the past I sent an HK USP .40 Compact back to the factory for similar work.

Getting the work you want should not be very difficult to have completed.
  • CawdorCawdor Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to change the detent plate (214099 to 214254). It is easy to do. I converted my V1 to a V9.

There is a different control lever for a V3 (214352), but I think the only difference is in the markings; it won't have an S. You should confirm this.

USP Disassembly Instructions - http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41104
  • littlegunlittlegun Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cawdor where did you get the parts to do that if been looking for parts to change mine to lem and can't find anything
  • CawdorCawdor Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by littlegun
    cawdor where did you get the parts to do that if been looking for parts to change mine to lem and can't find anything

I bought the part from HK. When I bought the part HK had just moved to Alabama. HK is now in Georgia. Here is an email address from HK's web site - cs@hk-usa.com. Here is an 800 number: 800-821-3021. I don't know whether the phone number still works.

I suspect that changing to an LEM trigger is more difficult than changing a detent plate. You may want to go the forum at HKPro - http://hkpro.com/forum/index.php - I believe there are some instructions on how to install the LEM trigger.