In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 94 Big Bore

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a Winchester 94 Big Bore XTR 375 serial number BB010950 top eject no safety. Can anybody tell me the production year? I also would like to know if it is normal that the trigger just hang with no spring pressure. You get no resistance to the pull for a little bit. I have check the trigger and sear and they are in good shape sear spring is good and strong. the gun fire's just fine.

Comments

• Options
    dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just found a win 94 big bore 375 cal. xtr
    can someone tell me what year it was made and this one is not angle eject , no screw holes for scope mount

serial BB052486
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know if this number is still valid or not? As the original Winchester and U.S. Repeating Arms organizations, are no longer in existence. Supposedly the records from that era when Winchester was morphing into U.S.R.A. (late 70's/early 80's). Were destroyed in a fire. This was before computers digitized everything, and s.n. records were on paper.

That said.

Winchester (1-800-975-5237)
  • Options
    deerhidedeerhide Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    'Winchester' has the dom. I have a big bore and a regular xtr and neither trigger seems like you describe.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "I also would like to know if it is normal that the trigger just hang with no spring pressure. You get no resistance to the pull for a little bit.".................that is 'normal' for that period 94, no spring pressure until the trigger contacts the sear.