In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identify this 22LR clip

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
Can you identify this 22LR clip? I believe it is a 5 round clip (I did put 6 in it but the 6th one seemed to hang up.) This measures about 2 7/8" top to bottom; the body is about 1 5/32"wide and 11/32"thick. The base is about 1 5/32" the long way and 17/32" wide. The body is steel and the base and follower look like black plastic. Any info will be appreciated.

[img][/img]DSCF10077.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10055.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10068.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10107.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10098.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10098.JPG

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a MAGAZINE not a clip.

Best.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That appears to be something from the small line like the Taurus PT-22, or possibly the Beretta 21. It is indeed a magazine...they hold ammunition internally. A clip holds ammunition externally. There are a few types of magazines, paper, firearm, powder, bowling ball, etc. This happens to be an ammunition magazine.

Regards

EDIT
    quote:The Nomenclature Police are going to come get you! Watch out!

Its not NOMENCLATURE...it is pure definition, and part identification. If you know how to use a dictionary, you can actually look it up. If you don't know how to use a dictionary, you can google it, since you know how to type.
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its for a Sterling 302, I have one of those old pistols
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree, Sterling 22..Look on auction side,,a match/
  • Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I have this listed on the auction side: Auction # 506965751.