In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Curve

mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
I know: It's a Taurus. Anybody tried one? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gunblast did a writeup. As Boge is lefthanded, it wasn't necessarily a good fit.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    a answer to a question never asked . The thugs in the hood would like them for shooting while holding the pistol sideways [:(]
  • Options
    mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a thought: If held sideways, would the bullet drop one way and rise the other[?][}:)][:D]quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    a answer to a question never asked . The thugs in the hood would like them for shooting while holding the pistol sideways [:(]
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at them at the first of the year at the distributors shows and was told I needed to stock a couple due to the advertising Taurus was doing in women's magazines. That most of the buyers would never even shoot them. I ordered two and never got any. It is nothing I would ever recommend. I would even rate it under the Beretta Pico and that's pretty bad. Beretta was so ashamed of that junker they wouldn't even bring one into the Acusport show in Texas last year. I had to go outside to a Beretta truck to even hold one.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta give Taurus credit, they definitely are willing to try "niche" ideas. [;)]

Obviously "snag resistant" concealed carry guns are nothing new. People have been "melting" sharp edges on CCWs for at least 40 years (and probably a lot longer).

But IMO, bending the entire FRAME of the gun is taking this to a somewhat silly extreme. Advantage of possible *slight* increase in carry comfort against the body, IMO, is offset by unorthodox and non symmetrical grip feel. Don't think decrease in printing here is a "real" benefit, since these guns (IMO) SHOULD be carried in a pocket holster, and THAT is what's going to print or not print, not the gun frame.

Anyway, to answer the question, no, I haven't tried one, and I have little interest in doing so. There are plenty of small light compact .380s on the market now. Taurus has a pretty "hit and miss" record when it comes to quality of new products, and I'm not personally willing to be a "guinea pig" for it.

Edit: Thinking about this more, this "Curve" thing is probably mostly a marketing attempt by Taurus to grab a bigger piece of the the burgeoning female concealed carry market. If you look at this thing as a "girl gun", it makes a little more sense.

But no, I'm still not buying one. . .Ms. Shootah can have a .38 if she likes!

taurus-curve-22.jpg

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=901&category=Pistol
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got a couple of them into the shop a month or so ago ,last I looked they had not sold yet.Strange feeling in your hand but fits well on your hip or back pocket
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Answer to a nonexistent question IMHO.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like it got melted [B)]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "looks like it got melted"

I saw an interview with a Taurus engineer who said that's pretty much what they did during the initial brainstorming phase.