In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High Standard m-B take down ?

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
I just gat a High Standard m-B (early, ser. # 25569) at an auction in pieces. this has a take down lever on the left side directly in back of the thumb safty. From what I have been able to exrapolate to remove the slide you press down on the take down lever, this frees the retracting rod from a stud on the part acted on by the take down lever (which 'pops' back and releases the slide. to reassemble you push down on the take down lever, re-install the slide and then push in the retracting rod and let up on the take down lever to 'catch' the retracting rod............is this 'correct'??

EDIT; thanks guys but the vidio doen't help, this is an 'early model'. pix below. the 'follower rod' is broke but I can repair that & have a spring on order. the inside of the slide looks OK. I an familar with most later High Standards (HD & up).
HSB_zpsmcviebjt.jpg

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD43GAZ3TZ0

added
    Steve page has 3 pages of the manual for a "B"
    http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

I have a book on HS that might have a exploded parts view for the "B". I haven't seen the book in years but I look for it after I'm done with the eye appointment Wednesday.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You getting it as a cigar box, basket case, condition wise. Isn't a positive. Older H-S's, (prior to 1950). Had a serious problems, if disassembled incorrectly.

Although yours with the slide and frame separated, might not be in that bad of condition?

Be specially careful after getting the slide and frame parts assembled. Before actually mounting the slide on the frame. If the the parts aren't assembled correctly. Great problems might be created.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike, the video link Charlie posted shows you what Rufe is talking about, in getting it back together right.
    Most of the time you'll find the spring channel in the slide all buggered up from bubba trying to get that spring back in place. If it is, you need to clean that up. The only replacement springs are made by Wolff, and they make them with about 10 extra coils. If you go that route, email me for detailed instructions on fitting, and adjusting the mag feed lips back to spec.
    FYI, high velocity .22lr beats the hell out of the gun, use Standard velocity in it.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    THANKS CHARLIE, THE 'USER GUIDE' IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED. ALL THE PARTS DRWINGS I'VE FOUND LUMP ALL THE 'LETTER' H.S.'S INTO ONE BUNCH AND THIS ONE DON'T 'FIT'.