In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got me a 7mm Mag

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited September 2015 in Ask the Experts
anybody got any reload info on it?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slow ball powder, 162 grain boattail Hornady bullets.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Sure. Wanna tell us WHICH "7mm Mag"???????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7mm Remington mag rifle is a model 70 Winchester made in 1965
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    The most universal powder I've found for the 7mm Rem mag is H1000. I have several big game caliber rifles, so I don't load heavy for caliber, or light for caliber loads. I use a different rifle.
    The most accurate 7mm Mag load I've found, for the average rifle, is 72 grains H1000, Win LRP primer under a 150 grain Nosler AccuBond bullet. This is a hunting rifle load, I've found it to shoot consistent MOA in most every 7Mag I've shot it in.
    W.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    The most universal powder I've found for the 7mm Rem mag is H1000. I have several big game caliber rifles, so I don't load heavy for caliber, or light for caliber loads. I use a different rifle.
    The most accurate 7mm Mag load I've found, for the average rifle, is 72 grains H1000, Win LRP primer under a 150 grain Nosler AccuBond bullet. This is a hunting rifle load, I've found it to shoot consistent MOA in most every 7Mag I've shot it in.
    W.D.

Thanks a lot that was what I was looking for
  • Options
    greg4421greg4421 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a REM 700 7mm rem mag and the best result I have had is with Nosler 150gr ballistic tip boat tail bullets with 63.0 gr of Reloader 22 powder. Same powder charge works well with Nosler 160 gr partition bullets as well. Muzzle velocity with the 150 gr bullets is 2800 fps as measured with my chronograph
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by greg4421
    I shoot a REM 700 7mm rem mag and the best result I have had is with Nosler 150gr ballistic tip boat tail bullets with 63.0 gr of Reloader 22 powder. Same powder charge works well with Nosler 160 gr partition bullets as well. Muzzle velocity with the 150 gr bullets is 2800 fps as measured with my chronograph

Thanks a lot I'll give it a try