In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

300 Blkout/Stag Model 8 LH

southpawstagsouthpawstag Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Ask the Experts
Is there anyone here who has switched out barrels from 5.56 to 300blkout on a Stag model 8 left hand?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see a reason it would be different than right hand.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing different that I can think of might be the bolt carrier, bolt, and possibly barrel extension.

I have never had the opportunity to look over a lefty AR, but am thinking that the extractor and ejector, on the bolt have to switch sides. To accommodate this, they might need a different barrel extension. If that is the case, then they might also need a different carrier that allows the bolt to rotate in the opposite direction of a right handed model.

A person that would most likely to tell you, right of the top, is Nononsense. He has assembled many AR's, as well as many other rifles of high quality. PM him, and see.
  • Options
    shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Stag or do a question online. They have a couple of guys that answer questions and they are VERY polite. 860-229-9994