In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Ask the Experts
has anyone ever heard of a stallard js9 9mm are they good gun

Steve Guffey

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi I am bidding on a S&W 9mm pistol. I am looking at the ammo for this gun and it hits me what kind of volosity do these rounds have? All I see is not 230 grain.What kind of knock down power do they have verses the old millitary 45 cal. semi-auto side arm? What is the best kind of ammo for practice and also for shooting in self defense?[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need information or suggestions on purchasing a 9mm rueger or s/w?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looking for a new 9mm already have a glock, so looking at sig 2022, walther p99, and ruger sr9 and 9c any suggestions
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So if you shoot the 9mm would you want something that opened up a bit more to transfer the phyical innersha into the object you shot? I understand a larger cal moves slower with more forse due to weight.I am guessing that a 9mm is not really such a good thing,mabey just a nice target shooting gun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOOK FOR INFO 9MM WITH THIS INFO ON THE SIDE FABRIQUE NATIONALE DARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL BELGIQUE THEN BELOW IT SAY BROWNINGS PATENT DEPOSE ON THE TOP SIDE OF THE BARREL IT HAS LIKE A ROYAL CROWN WITHE LETTER W BELOW ????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey all,

Im looking at either a ruger sr9 or a taurus 92, I love the look of the taurus, however ive shot the sr9 and really enjoyed this pistol. What are everyones thoughts on quality and anything to help me make my choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    9mm Magtech +P HP is inexpensive and effective
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking into getting a good 9mm for personal defense and sport shooting. I am looking at the 24/7-9BP-17 by Taurus. Mostly I am looking into getting something that is durable and reliable. I am going to be looking into Glock and Kimbers. I dont have a whole lot to spend on this handgun so please lets keep the price under 500.00 . Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    donut77donutdonut77donut Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning HiPower
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A HiPower with the magazine safety "fixed", slotted and tangent even better.
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have owned many over the years but my all time favorite is my Sig P226. I don't have any personal experience with the 2022 but if its a Sig I think you will be OK.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are you planning to use the new gun for?
    That needs to be answered in order to narrow down the field of choices. Judging by the guns you mentioned it sounds to me like you want a new carry gun and of those listed I would give high marks to the Ruger SR9c Pro. Nice and compact, light weight, pretty decent sights, one of the best striker fired triggers I've felt, and reasonable accuracy.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    My favs are a Sig 228, Browning High Power.
    I've been shooting my Beretta 92FS.
    Had a 2022 a while back and it is a very good pistol.
    Still have a P-99 that came in in '94, like it.
    Had a HK compact and kicking myself for trading it off [xx(]
    There's a bunch of good 9mm,s out there. My suggestion is to go to a shop and handle some and see which ones feel best to you [;)]
  • Options
    ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go handle a S&W SD9VE. Very nice Pistol. Deals are out there on the older model Sigma's. With a trigger job these are an excellent value too. Also handle a Browning H-P and CZ-75, both balance and handle similar.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Sig P938. Shoots extremely well and goes everywhere with you.
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning HP or S&W 5906
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, if you've got a Glock, I'd say there is no reason to get ANOTHER polymer frame striker-fired gun. IE, most of the ones you mentioned aren't really all that different.

IMO CZ75 is as good as it gets in modern "service" type (ie all steel military/police) use 9mm pistols. This is top marks for range use, competition, or home defense. Its a bit heavy for CONCEALED carry.

Sig p210 is still the last word in target type 9mm lugers, though expect to pay about $3000 for one. This one is really a bit too spendy and low capacity for carry or defense. . .but its about as nice as you're going to get for range use.

If you want a carry gun in 9mm luger, Id take a look at one of the smaller "pocket" 9mms like the Kel-Tec P11 (and others). Those are about as carryable as a full caliber 9mm luger has ever been.