In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 700 BDL collection value.

ejwheatiesejwheaties Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have a large collection of 700 bdls. How would you go about giving an honest value? Is value higher or lower for having a collection. A lot of time went into chasing the very rare ones. Thank you

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look on the completed auction here on ones that !!!SOLD !!and that will tell the tail. Course timing factor could swing both ways on value,,,sometimes a little higher and sometimes a little lower.
  • ejwheatiesejwheaties Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a value number for what they are worth. Just don't know if I should ask less as it is a bulk buy or add a little for the time spent chasing the very hard ones. Been told to go a little lower. Thank you
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sum of total FMV of the individual rifles, represents their worth. Unless you can find a collector or collectors who are willing to buy a complete collection of BDLS. Paying over the fair market value, of the individual rifles.
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'll do better selling them individually. Since you have a large collection, anyone buying them all will want a discount.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless there is something unique about the grouping -i.e. all the same serial # ending or some other feature that sets them apart and makes the set special you have a group of good working rifles that are worth what the market will bear for each individual rifle. Unfortunately, your time and effort building and searching don't change that value.