In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mystery Firearms

yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Ask the Experts
I need help identifying the make/model of the following two hanguns. What you see in the pics is all of the info I have. They belong to friends of mine. Any info provided is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gun #1: [img][/img]20151024_145239.jpg

[img][/img]20151024_145213.jpg

[img][/img]20151024_145206.jpg

Gun #2: [img][/img]PART_1445992707089.jpg

[img][/img]PART_1445992735535.jpg

[img][/img]PART_1445992749441.jpg

[img][/img]PART_1445992761399.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The revolver is a product, ( I believe ), of the Harrington and Richardson firm of Wooster Massachusetts. Most of the Premier's found are .22's & .32's. .38 Premier's aren't all that common.

The were sold as inexpensive personal protection revolvers. And are known to collectors, as a class, as Saturday Night Specials. Many different manufacturers made similar guns. From the 1870's until the 1930's.

The .32 automatic is a product of Sauer and Son,( Model 38 H.) It was made during W W II. And was used by the Germans both as a military and civilian pistol. It was a very advanced design and highly thought of. Made in quantity. Many were brought back after the war, as souvenirs by our G.I.'s.

Your's has had home made grips added. And has a fair amount of surface pitting. Affecting the value.
  • Options
    yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    The revolver is a product, ( I believe ), of the Harrington and Richardson firm of Wooster Massachusetts. Most of the Premier's found are .22's & .32's. .38 Premier's aren't all that common.

The were sold as inexpensive personal protection revolvers. And are known to collectors, as a class, as Saturday Night Specials. Many different manufacturers made similar guns. From the 1870's until the 1930's.

The .32 automatic is a product of Sauer and Son,( Model 38 H.) It was made during W W II. And was used by the Germans both as a military and civilian pistol. It was a very advanced design and highly thought of. Made in quantity. Many were brought back after the war, as souvenirs by our G.I.'s.

Your's has had home made grips added. And has a fair amount of surface pitting. Affecting the value.

Thank you!
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

Rufe, H&R made a Premier model, but it was a top break.

This one is a Hopkins & Allen product, usually marked XL Bull Dog with that same patent date, but they probably marked some Premier without their name for a retailer. Some had folding hammer spurs.

yearofspider, H&A made assorted guns in Norwich, Connecticut from 1868 to 1915. Your revolver probably dates 1880s.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have a model 38H bring back from my FIL it was given tome when he Passed . I also has a hand made pair of wood grips The original ones on this model Must have been brittle But the design with cocker & decocker Beats The vaulted Walter PPK hands down